The Post article notes that the decline in the number of arrests, along with the decline in remittances back to Mexico, and Mexican census data all would seem to indicate that the number of individuals entering the U.S. illegally from Mexico is in fact down. (See also Mexican Data Says Migration to U.S. Has Plummeted)
- Community organizations, church groups, etc. who have been serving the Hispanic population may notice a decline in the populations they serve, OR
- They may find that the populations they serve are in greater need because of increased enforcement and fewer opportunities to find employment in the U.S.
- Additionally, churches who were revitalizing their congregations by recruiting Hispanic immigrants may notice a decline in recent arrivals to the U.S., or
- They may find that Hispanics are less inclined to join predominantly Anglo congregations or denominations, particularly if members of those congregations/denominations are vocal in decrying illegal immigration.
Solution: Create a "No-man Zone" on the border and let our military constantly use it for bombing practice!Another wrote:
I prefer a 2,000 mile long, densely packed minefield as a solution. Blow a few limbs off and it becomes more difficult to complete, or re-attempt a crossing. Then Mexico can begin spending all of those remittances they're currently receiving on rehab for all the stumps.
To access the article, click here.
To access the comments page, click here.
- TwoMinuteBriefing thanks GW for recommending this story.